2020 Entry Guidelines
Suggested Design Categories: Scenic, Costume, Lighting, Make-up, Hair, Sound, Special Effects, Technical, Graphic
1. Entry fee is $10 for each design.
2. Entry must be from a realized production of a TANYS Organizational Member company.
• The production does not need to have been adjudicated.
• The production must have been mounted between November 1 following the previous Festival and October 31 of the current year to be eligible.
3. A design may be entered by the Organizational Member company or by the Individual Member designer.
• Either the designer OR the presenting company MUST be a member of TANYS.
• No special preference will be given to members.
4. Entry must be made by completing the Entry Form and submitting it with the design statement and virtual entry no later than November 13, 2020.
• Download the Entry Form at the top of this page.
• Only one entry per form; use additional forms for multiple entries.
• Late entries will not be permitted.
5. The entry must be either mailed to TANYS, Attn: BMI, PO Box 4143, Rome, NY 13442 or emailed to email@example.com with BMI in the subject line.
• It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide anything needed for the effective presentation of their design.
6. All design entries will be identified only by a designated number and the name of the production to ensure impartial judging.
• Allowances will be made when the company name is integral to the design.
- (i.e., posters, brochures, etc.)
• The results of the competition will be announced during the Saturday afternoon Annual Meeting.
• Certificates will be created and mailed to all winners.
• There will be a $100 award presented for Best Overall Design.
• Judge’s Discretionary Awards, which will be presented as warranted by the Judge:
- $25 award for Best Design in a category
• The decisions of the Judge will be final.
• The Design Competition Committee will have sole responsibility for the interpretation of these guidelines and their execution.
Requirements for All Entries:
1. Every Entry must have a written “Design Statement” in which the designer discusses the concept, thought and rationale for their design.
• This “Design Statement” should be no longer than 300 words.
2. A pleasing virtual presentation of the design entry is recommended.
3. Entrants should include anything that they think will help the judge “visualize” their design. Photos of the entry as used in the original production are encouraged.
For further information, contact:
Bob Frame: 315-294-8640, firstname.lastname@example.org